如果你要去英语语言国家旅行，那学会如何用英语点餐可以说是一种关键性的技能了。你一定不希望到国外时，只能看着别人桌上的菜说:” I want that” 吧。来听一听这两段发生在餐厅中的对话,学习地道的英语表达吧。
Waitress: Welcome to Chez Jaqueline. Is this your first time dining with us?
Waitress: Great, hope you will enjoy the night with us. Here are your menus.
Ben：Thanks. Please give me a minute.
Waitress: Of course, I will come back to take your order in a minute. Would you like anything to drink while you are looking at the menu?
Ben: Just water, please.
Waitress: May I take your order?
Ben: What’s today’s special?
Waitress: Today’s special is grilled cod with steamed broccoli.
Ben: Oh, but I don’t eat seafood. I’d like to have chicken salad and a chocolate lava cake.
Waitress：Good choice, I personally LOVE our chocolate lava cake. OK, so one chicken salad and one chocolate lava cake. I’ll take your menu, please.
In the U.S. it’s common that waiter and waitress should check with the guests once a while during the meal.
Waitress: How is the food?
Ben: Great! Thank you.
Waitress: Are you ready for your desert?
Ben: Yes, please.
Waitress: Would you like a cup of coffee or tea with your cake?
Ben: A cup of tea sounds good. I’d like to have a cup of black tea, please.
- Do you have any questions about our menu? “您对菜单有任何疑问吗？”
- Our specials are….. “我们的特色菜是….”
- While you looking at the menu, may I bring you anything to drink? “您先看菜单，请问需要喝点什么吗？”
- What would you like to drink? “请问，您喝点什么？”
- Would you like still water or sparkling water? “请问，您要矿泉水还是气泡水？”
- Would you like to take a look at the desert menu? “请问，您要看下甜品单吗？”
- How’s everything? / How was the meal?” “我们的菜还合您口味吗？”
- Here you are？ “您好”
- Enjoy your meal! “祝您用餐愉快。”
- The spaghetti / steak / chicken looks good. “这个意大利面/牛排/鸡肉 看起来不错。”
- What would you recommend? “请问您有什么推荐吗？”
- May I have some more water, please? “麻烦请加点水，谢谢”
- I’d like to have…. “我要点….”
- What’s your house special? “你们的特色菜是什么？”
- What’s the Soup of the Day? “今日例汤是什么？”
- Check, please. “买单，谢谢”